Are you visiting Värmland and want to travel by bus or train. On this page you will find everything you need to know.
Find the departure time for your trip
In the app or on our website, you can find information on when the bus or train arrives at your stop. Under the tab “Sök och köp resa” (Search and purchase journey), you can find the following:
Journey planner: This is where you search for journeys from stop A to stop B. Click on the arrows to change the direction.
Live – Bus stop departures: Specify which stop you travel from. The routes that operate the stop are showing, and how much time left there is before the bus arrives. On the map in the app, you can also see where the bus is in real time. The same service on the web can be found in the real time map on the start page.
Timetables: This is where you can get the current timetable for the route you are travelling with. You can also find information on the route plan during holidays.
How to purchase a ticket
A ticket can be purchased in different ways:
- In our app, Värmlandstrafik.
- With an agent (all agents are listed on the website).
- With a travel card.
- In the web store (you need a travel card to load/purchase).
- Aboard our vehicles.
- At a ticket machine.
How much is the journey?
The fare is determined by your age and how long the journey is. The fares are listed on our website.
Ticket and age categories
- Single ticket: If you are travelling occasionally.
- Period ticket: If you are travelling regularly.
- Purchase a ticket for the area that suits your travelling.
Children and schoolchildren: 0-19
Travelling with children: Two children under the age of 7 travel for free when accompanied by a passenger with a ticket. From the day that a child turns 7, they must pay a fare for schoolchildren. Another accompanying child or a 6-year-old that travels unaccompanied pays the same fare as schoolchildren. Children under the age of 6 are not allowed to travel unaccompanied.
- When paying with travelling funds aboard, an extra discount applies between 10 am and 2 pm for passengers who are 65 or over or when travelling with children in a pram/buggy.
- Duo/Family: A group discount on single tickets. Travel up to five people (a maximum of two people over 20) on the same ticket.
Our mobile app
In the Värmlandstrafik app, you can plan your journey, see where the bus is on a real time map, and purchase most of our tickets in advance.
Buy a ticket in advance. The ticket has to be activated when boarding. You have to activate one or several payment methods (Swish, bank cards, or invoice) before the first purchase.
The app can be downloaded from App Store and Google Play.